I know you are looking for Top 5 recipes to make with your kids. So, 5 star cookies is ready to deliver. Faster and cheaper than Amazon.
Hello my dear readers,
If you’re stuck at home right now, I am guessing you’ve been looking for some uplifting new books to dig into. However if you are stuck with kids you have an additional challenge.
How to make their life fun? What to do?
And I have solution for you. Easy one. FOOD FUN!
TOP 5 RECIPES TO MAKE WITH YOUR KIDS
I like to start with my favorite threesome: Oreo, Reese’s, Nutella.
Parent Job: Just melt the chocolate.
Kids: Let them have fun building the best chocolate sandwich you can imagine.
Sandwich Threesome-Oreo Reese’s Oreo
- 10 oreos
- 5 Reese’s
- 10 tsp Nutella
- 1 Cup Chocolate chips, melted
- Place a Reese’s peanut butter cup between 2 Oreos using 1 tsp Nutella to keep them together
- Dip and cover the Reese’s Oreo sandwich completely in chocolate.
- Place them on a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle crushed Oreos on top of each sandwich and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Golden Oreo Addition – No math skills required
Toasted coconut marshmallows
Jelly beans, M&M….
Separate the Oreo.
Be sure that one half of the Oreo is clear of filling and one half with all of the filling. (Yes, I know life is not fair)
Now, put the Oreo half with the cream on a cutting board.
Place a toasted coconut marshmallow on top and press gently.
Add 1/2 tsp of Nutella on top of the marshmallow and finish with M&M or jelly beans.
5 Star Popcorn Fantasy
Parent job description: Provide 6 cups of popcorn + melted blue, green, red candy
- 6 cups popcorn
- 1 cup red melting candy
- 1 cup green melting candy
- 1 cup blue melting candy
- 1 cup Oreo O’s Cereal
- ¾ cup sunflower seeds
- Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme candy bar (chopped)
- ½ cup M&M
- Using the double boiler method melt red, blue and green candy.
- Line baking sheet with a parchment or wax paper.
- Spread popcorn out on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle the melted red, blue and green chocolate all over the popcorn.
- While chocolate is still warm add Oreo O’s cereal, sunflower seeds, chocolate and M&M.
- Cool it.
- Break apart the popcorn and serve it.
Homemade Bubble Chocolate
Parent Job: Provide melted chocolate for kids.
- ¾ cup dark chocolate
- ½ cup white chocolate
- ½ cup pink chocolate
- M&M, sprinkles
- Using a double boiler method melt dark, white and pink chocolate.
- Spread the dark chocolate onto the raised side of the bubble wrap in an even layer.
- Be sure you don’t see the bubble.
- Allow the chocolate to set in the fridge for ½ hours and peel off the bubble wrap.
- You have homemade bubble chocolate.
- Repeat steps for pink and white chocolate.
Chocolate Puffed Bars
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup puffed wheat cereal
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler or saucepan on the stove top over low heat.
- Add 1 cup cereal into the melted chocolate and mix thoroughly.
- Spread the mixture on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place it in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Cut it into bars and place them on a serving tray.
I hope you and your kids will enjoy top 5 recipes by making the chocolate bubble, chocolate puffed bars, 5 star popcorn fantasy and more.
Remember kids love spending time with mom and dad in the kitchen. Please make baking fun for them.
Our baking future is in their hands…
And on that note thank you for visiting 5 star cookies.
Love and hugs
See you soon…