On my menu today is very simple, very sweet and no bake
“Walnut Chocolate Roll”
You need 1/2 hour of your time and the following ingredients:
chocolate, dates, walnuts,marshmallows, heavy cream, graham cracker crumbs, rum
Also, you need bigger Food Processor. If you have 7-Cup Food Processor cut the recipe below in half.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 pound pitted dates
- 1 pound miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1TBSP rum
- Place graham cracker crumbs, walnuts,pitted dates,marshmallows, heavy cream and rum into your food processor.
- Blend/pulse until a moist dough forms - 3 to 5min. ( add more rum if it is dry).
- The dough will be sticky.
- Form the dough into log. (you can also form 2 logs, to make it easier to handle)
- Roll into chopped walnuts.
- Wrap in waxed paper and chill for 24 hrs.
- Slice into ¼ inch slices.
If you do not have food processor and you have 2 hands and knife do the following:
Chop 1 cup of walnuts
Finely chop pitted dates and marshmallows.
In large bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, walnuts, dates, marshmallows, heavy cream and rum.
Mix the best you can using your hands.
Then follow step 4 from the recipe above.
See what you made:
Love and enjoy your life,