Hello my friends,
Today we are making Chocolate Almond Truffles. The angels are singing “Healthy, Healthy”.
And I am singing with them.
What about you? Can you come and join? Do not be lonely, let’s make Chocolate Almond Truffles together.
The recipes is from one of my favorite blog http://sallysbakingaddiction.com
- 15 dates, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum
- ¼ cup (21g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup (70g) whole almonds
- ½ cup (70g) sunflower seeds
- 8 ounces (226g) semi-sweet or bittersweet quality chocolate
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place pitted dates, vanilla extract,rum, cocoa powder, almonds, sunflower seeds into your food processor.
- Blend/pulse until a moist dough forms - 1 to 2 min. ( add 1-2 more soaked dates or even a teaspoon of pure maple syrup.)
- Once dough is formed, scoop out 1 Tablespoon of dough. Roll into a smooth ball and place onto prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Set aside as you melt the chocolate in the next step.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or the microwave.
- Let the warm chocolate sit for 5 minutes to slightly cool before dipping.
- Dip each ball completely into the chocolate.
- When lifting it out of the chocolate, remember to tap the dipping tool gently on the side of the bowl to allow excess chocolate to drip off. Place each back on the baking sheet and refrigerate until the chocolate has set, about 30 minutes.
The link for this recipe is http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2016/02/12/healthy-dark-chocolate-almond-truffles/
Now, let’s enjoy our little healthy, happy balls of joy…
I am sending you love with all the angels singing behind and above me…
who just reminded me about Taylor Swift Grammy Acceptance Speech
“As the first woman to win Album of the Year at the Grammys twice, I want to say to all the young women out there, there are going to be people along the way who will try to undercut your success or take credit for your accomplishments or your fame.
But if you just focus on the work and you don’t let those people sidetrack you, someday, when you get where you are going, you will look around and you will know that it was you and the people who love you who put you there.
And that will be the greatest feeling in the world. Thank you for this moment”
LOVE, INSPIRE… AND BAKE
From your blog http://www.5starcookies.com