Help, Popeye! Save me! I want to make something healthy, fast and nutritious.
“Where is the entrance to the exit” – Popeye yells.
Well, my kitchen – I yell back.
Let’s do it! I’am strong to the finich, ’cause I eats me Spinach, I’m Popeye the sailor man! (toot,toot).
Now, my dear virtual friends let’s make what our famous Popeye is suggesting. It is called the Breakfast Protein Bites.
Bake for 30 min at 350 F. After 1/2 hour open your oven, take a picture and enjoy. Do you see your bites puffed and set.
Secret: They will deflate slightly as they cool.
I know I am….I am so ready to attack this amazing breakfast protein bites. Call me terrorist if you want to but I know who I am.
And I love, love this protein bites from any angle… just see my pictures.
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- ⅛ cup diced onion
- 1¼ cup chopped spinach
- ⅓ cup mozzarella cheese
- ⅓ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 diced red pepper
- ⅛ cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Using a medium nonstick skillet add 1 TBSP olive olive, swirl to coat.
- Add ⅛ cup diced onion, saute until almost tender. (2-3 min)
- Add 1¼ cup chopped spinach, saute 1 min, stirring constantly.
- Cool for 5 min.
- Add ⅓ cup ricotta cheese, ⅓ cup shredded mozzarella cheese, 1 diced red pepper. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl combine 4 eggs, ⅛ cup milk, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Stir in cheese mixture.
- Now, preheat oven to 350 F.
- Coat 6 muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Divide your Popeye mixture evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake for 30 min at 350 F.
What else can I say?
Where’s the entrance to the exit? I need to get my cappuccino…AND I MISS MY CHILDHOOD.
Love you Popeye…you are my hero!
Until I see you again just remember:
I’m strong to the finich, ’cause I eats me Spinach, I’m Popeye the sailor man! (toot, toot)
Love and hugs
from your favorite food blog
Your Cookie Quinn