If you can’t go to Italy or be in love with an Italian man …what can you do in this dull life?
For a start you can always watch “Today Show” and listen a very smart and beautiful woman.
Her name is Dylan Dreyer. And today we are going to make cookies using her recipe.
The cookies are called Aunt Tillie’s Cookies.
For this recipe please buy the best eggs you can afford. (Hint:Go to a local farmers market or buy organic eggs in your local store)
For this recipe you will need:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup shortening, melted, then cooled
1 TBSP Rum extract
2 cups AP flour
1 TBSP baking powder
1/2 cup icing sugar
Combine eggs, sugar, shortening and rum extract. Mix well.
In another bowl combine 2 cups of flour and 1 TBSP baking powder.
Gradually add in flour mixture to cream mixture.
Bake at 375 F for 15 min.
Combine 1/2 cups icing sugar with water to form a paste.
Top the cookies with the icing and decorate…
Leave some for birds….
and remember how quickly life can change…FROM
If you want to print the recipe please check the box below.
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup shortening, melted, then cooled
- 1 TBSP Rum extract
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- ½ cup icing sugar
- Combine eggs, sugar, shortening and rum extract. Mix well.
- In another bowl combine 2 cups of flour and 1 TBSP baking powder.
- Gradually add in flour mixture to cream mixture.
- Bake at 375 F for 15 min.
- Combine ½ cups icing sugar with water to form a paste.
- Top the cookies with the icing and decorate...
- Start eating and sharing!
The original recipe you can find at the following link
When you make this cookies, please listen Gilbert Becaud – Nathalie and instead of singing “Nathalie” just sing “Italy”!
Please have a nice week, enjoy your life and make some time to enjoy the cookies!
Love and hugs from your favorite food blog
5 STAR COOKIES AND YOUR COOKIE!