Working 9 to 5 and …
trying to feed your family is the reality so many women and man (not spelling mistake) are facing every day.
So for today I am sharing the recipe from my mum.
It is called “Busy Woman Potato Pie”.
Anyone can make this pie (even lazy you) as long as you have all ingredients.
So, let’s start by being sure that we have everything we need for this potato pie.
As you guess, it is my favorite time.
- dry cottage cheese
- feta cheese
- sour cream
- milk 2%
- flour, salt
-9×13 baking pan
-1 large bowl to mix all ingredients
Now, we are ready for this show.
BUSY WOMAN POTATO PIE
3 cups potato (diced)
1 1/2 cups dry cottage cheese
1/8 cup feta cheese
3 eggs, large
3/4 cup cold milk (2%)
2 TBSP cold water
1 onion, chopped
1 cup flour (AP)
1/2 Tbsp salt
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup sour cream
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Line 9×13 baking pan with aluminum foil.
Spray the foil with a baking spray. Set aside.
Now let’s prepare potatoes.
I used about 6 potatoes. (you will need 3 cups diced potatoes)
Peel the potato skin and wash them.
Then dice all of your potatoes. It doesn’t need to be perfect.
Then wash your diced potatoes and dry.
Now, you have your potatoes prepared and you will need to measure 3 cups for this recipe.
Add them to a large bowl.
Then add all other ingredients from the recipe.
Yes, you hear me and you hear me well.
Just add all other ingredients from the recipe.
I did say, it was easy.
Mix them by larger wooden spoon. ( or any spoon you have)
Be sure that all ingredients are well incorporated. (no child left behind)
Then pour the mixture into prepared 9×13 baking pan.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes at 400 F.
Take the potato pie out of oven and cut into a square size you desired. (or any shape you like)
Then use 1/3 cup of cold milk and pour over the whole pie (little by little) followed by…
1/4 cup sour cream. Spread over the pie…
Optional: Sprinkle with 1/3 cup of feta cheese.
Return to your oven for about 5 minutes. (until the feta cheese is almost melted)
Take pie out of oven to cool for about 20 minutes. (if you can wait that long)
Start sharing and eating.
If you want to print the recipe, please check the box below.
- 3 cups potato (diced)
- 1½ cups dry cottage cheese
- ⅛ cup feta cheese
- 3 eggs, large
- ¾ cup cold milk (2%)
- 2 TBSP cold water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup flour (AP)
- ½ Tbsp salt
- ⅓ cup milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ⅛ cup feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Line 9x13 baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Spray the foil with a baking spray. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients from the recipe into a large bowl.
- Mix them by larger wooden spoon. (or any spoon you have)
- Be sure that all ingredients are well incorporated. (no child left behind)
- Then pour the mixture into prepared 9x13 baking pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes at 400 F.
- Take the potato pie out of oven and cut into square size you want to.
- Then use ⅓ cup of cold milk and pour over the whole pie.
- Spread about ¼ cup sour cream over the pie and sprinkle with ⅓ cup of feta cheese.
- Return to oven for about 5 minutes. ( until the feta cheese is almost melted)
- Take pie out of oven to cool for about 20 minutes. (if you can wait that long)
- Start sharing and eating.
and share with people you love. (don’t forget yourself)
Optional: Eat with Greek yogur!
Thank you for visiting 5starcookies.com
Have a nice week and share JOY.
Love and hugs
from your favorite food blogger
What is coming….
See you soon…