Barbara Walters used to say: “Take a little time to enjoy the View”.
I like to say “Take a little time and enjoy the homemade pizza dough”.
This recipe is very simple and it only takes 15 minutes to prepare.
On top of that you will need just a few ingredients which you probably already have. (let’s hope…)
The ingredients are:
-flour, instant yeast, sugar, salt, olive oil and water
-Please be sure that you get a soft dough and to let it rise in a warm place.
Note for busy mums or busy people:
So, let’s make the homemade pizza dough.
ACTION MODE …
1 cup + 3/4 cup + 1/8 cup AP flour (almost 2 cups)
1 tsp instant yeast
1 cup water (you will use 1/4 cup + 3/4 cup)
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp sugar
2 Tbsp olive oil
In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup of water, yeast and salt. Let stand for 5 min.
Add 3/4 cup warm water, 2 TBSP olive oil, 1/4 tsp sugar.
Mix all ingredients together using a metal spoon.
Add 1 cup of flour and mix with a spoon.
After you mix with 1 cup of flour it will look like this.
Then add 3/4 cup of flour and keep mixing
until the spoon say: “Leave me alone your hard working bitch!”
Trust me, you will hear it. At this point retire your spoon unless you want the conflict to escalate.
Since I know your are kind and peaceful human being you will start using your hands at this point.
Calmly and surely. (don’t be afraid, you need to practice)
Knead dough until smooth, adding more flour by TBSP. You will know. If you add 2 TBSP of flour and
dough is happy you can stop at that point. You don’t need to use all 1/8 cup of flour.
Transfer to prepared bowl and coat with olive oil.
Cover bowl with tea towel and let dough rise in warm area until double in volume, about 60 min or 1 hour.
And you have it, your homemade pizza dough. Congratulations!
- 1¾ + ⅛ cup AP flour
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1 cup water (you will use ¼ cup + ¾ cup)
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- In a bowl, combine ¼ cup of water, yeast and salt. Let stand for 5 min.
- Add ¾ cup warm water, 2 TBSP olive oil, ¼ tsp sugar.
- Mix all ingredients together using a metal spoon.
- Add 1 cup of flour and mix with a spoon. Then add ¾ cup of flour and keep mixing
- until the spoon says: "Leave me alone your hard working bitch!"
- Trust me, you will hear it.
- At that point don't get upset, just calmly replace used spoon with your hands.
- Knead dough until smooth, adding more flour by TBSP (about ⅛ cup).
- Transfer to prepared bowl and coat with olive oil.
- Cover bowl with tea towel and let dough rise in warm area until double in volume, about 60 min or 1 hour.
If you want to freeze, you can wrap the pizza dough in plastic and freeze in a freezer bag for up to 3 months.
If you want to make smaller pizza divide into half before freezing.
You can make this homemade pizza dough using a food processor. It is your choice.
What else can I say…..AWESOME PIZZA DOUGH!
Part 2 is coming….soon!
Love and hugs from your favorite food blog
Take a little time to enjoy HOMEMADE PIZZA DOUGH!
I know I will!