Barbara Walters used to say: “Take a little time to enjoy the View”.
I like to say “Take a little time and enjoy the homemade pizza dough”.
This recipe is very simple and it only takes 15 minutes to prepare.
On top of that you will need just a few ingredients which you probably already have. (let’s hope…)
The ingredients are:
-flour, instant yeast, sugar, salt, olive oil and water
-Please be sure that you get a soft dough and to let it rise in a warm place.
Note for busy mums or busy people:
So, let’s make the homemade pizza dough.
ACTION MODE …
1 cup + 3/4 cup + 1/8 cup AP flour (almost 2 cups)
1 tsp instant yeast
1 cup water (you will use 1/4 cup + 3/4 cup)
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp sugar
2 Tbsp olive oil
In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup of water, yeast and salt. Let stand for 5 min.
Add 3/4 cup warm water, 2 TBSP olive oil, 1/4 tsp sugar.
Mix all ingredients together using a metal spoon.
Add 1 cup of flour and mix with a spoon.
After you mix with 1 cup of flour it will look like this.
Then add 3/4 cup of flour and keep mixing
until the spoon say: “Leave me alone your hard working bitch!”
Trust me, you will hear it. At this point retire your spoon unless you want the conflict to escalate.
Since I know your are kind and peaceful human being you will start using your hands at this point. Calmly and surely.
Knead dough until smooth, adding more flour by TBSP (about 1/8 cup).
Transfer to prepared bowl and coat with olive oil.
Cover bowl with tea towel and let dough rise in warm area until double in volume, about 60 min or 1 hour.
And you have it, your homemade pizza dough. Congratulations!
- 1¾ + ⅛ cup AP flour
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1 cup water (you will use ¼ cup + ¾ cup)
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- In a bowl, combine ¼ cup of water, yeast and salt. Let stand for 5 min.
- Add ¾ cup warm water, 2 TBSP olive oil, ¼ tsp sugar.
- Mix all ingredients together using a metal spoon.
- Add 1 cup of flour and mix with a spoon. Then add ¾ cup of flour and keep mixing
- until the spoon says: "Leave me alone your hard working bitch!"
- Trust me, you will hear it.
- At that point don't get upset, just calmly replace used spoon with your hands.
- Knead dough until smooth, adding more flour by TBSP (about ⅛ cup).
- Transfer to prepared bowl and coat with olive oil.
- Cover bowl with tea towel and let dough rise in warm area until double in volume, about 60 min or 1 hour.
If you want to freeze, you can wrap the pizza dough in plastic and freeze in a freezer bag for up to 3 months.
If you want to make smaller pizza divide into half before freezing.
You can make this homemade pizza dough using a food processor. It is your choice.
What else can I say…..AWESOME PIZZA DOUGH!
Part 2 is coming….soon!
Love and hugs from your favorite food blog
Take a little time to enjoy HOMEMADE PIZZA DOUGH!
I know I will!