Have you ever had this problem when “cream puffs” collapse in front of your eyes and you have no idea why?
Well, I will give you 5 top tips to create successful cream puffs.
- DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR TO EARLY IN THE BAKING, when the structure of the puffs wasn’t yet solidified.
- DO NOT OVERLOAD YOUR BAKING SHEET.
- BE SURE TO HAVE AT LEAST 2 INCHES OF SPACE BETWEEN THE PUFFS WHEN YOU PIPE THEM.
- BAKE CREAM PUFFS USING TEMPERATURE OF 400F. THE HIGH HEAT PROVIDES A RAPID RISE WITH A HOLLOW CENTER.
- TURN THE OVEN OFF AND LET THEM COOL WITH THE DOOR AJAR FOR 10 MIN.
Your Inbox Questions
1.What is choux paste?
Choux paste is one of the foundational doughs of pastry making. It is used for eclairs, classic French cakes, profiteroles.
The preparation of the dough is unique and starts on top of the stove. Flour, butter and water are heated until the mixture resembles mashed potatoes.
Off the heat, eggs are stirred in until the mixture is enough soft to pipe through a pastry bag.
2. My cream puffs have points when I finish piping? What should I do?
Dampen your index finger into cold water and just smooth it. This step is important because if you don’t smooth them, little peaks will burn black before the puffs are baked through.
Also, you need to improve your piping technique. Hold the pastry bag about 1 inch from the parchment paper and squeeze out a round of pastry. When it is size you want , stop squeezing the bag before you lift it away.
3. How do I store cream puffs?
If you will be using them in 24 hrs you can store unfilled puffs in a resealable plastic bag at room temperature.
You can freeze them for up to 2 weeks.
The last tip for this post is:
Use a large saucepan to cook the batter. You will need plenty of room for vigorous stirring.
Love and hugs
from your favorite blog
5 STAR COOKIES.