It may be the end of an era…Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan may never host again. Together.
So, my post today is for Kelly and Michael. It is French, very light and easy to make.
The name is Cream Puffs.
For this recipe you need the following ingredients: unsalted butter, salt, all-purpose flour, eggs,heavy cream, vanilla extract.
So, let’s start our cooking show.
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a medium saucepan, on medium-high heat bring water,salt and butter to boil.
- Quickly stir in the flour with a wooden spoon.
- Continue to stir until mixture until mixture pull away from walls of the pan. (3 to 5 min)
- Remove from heat and transfer into a bowl to cool slightly, about 5 min.
- Add eggs, one at the time, stirring vigorously (think mad Kelly) until well incorporate into batter.
- Transfer the pate a choux to a large pastry bag. Pipe 2 inch rounds each into prepared pan.
- (I was able to make 11)
- Bake puffs for 30 min, until they rise, and golden brown in color.
- Let cool on sheets on wire racks.
- Puffs can be stored at room temperature for up to 1 day.
The visual instructions:
When you follow step 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 in our recipe box you will see the following mixture:
Step 7 – Transfer dough into a pastry bag
Pipe puffs into prepared baking sheet. The size I used is 2 inch rounds (I was able to make 11)
Bake for 30 min at 375 F. Let puffs cool.
I hope you will try to make this classic cream puffs…When I serve this at parties people comment that they look difficult to make, but really
they are quite easy to make…
The part 2 is coming tomorrow. Until then take a little time and enjoy my blog.
Love and hugs from your favorite blog
5 STAR COOKIES
And be kind to each other!
My question is:”Will Kelly Ripa finish like the puff below?”