I wanted to make something that is healthy, delicious and gluten free.
But do you know what is gluten?
Gluten is the protein component found in wheat, rye and barley. If our body can’t digest or break down the gluten protein we have a gluten allergy.
It can range from a mild sensitivity to full-blown celiac disease.
If you want complete control (even if you are not controlling freak), cooking from scratch is the easiest way to avoid gluten.
So, let’s start baking from scratch.
What ingredients do you need for Almond Bars?
- ¼ cup apricot jam
- 2½ cups almond
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 TBSP rum or gluten free vanilla
- 150 gr chocolate (your choice)
- Line 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment, waxed paper. (or Aluminum Foil)
- In a small saucepan warm the apricot jam until it is hot.
- In a food processor, grind together almond and sugar until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the jam and rum (or vanilla) and process until smooth.
- The dough is very thick and if it is hard to process add more rum or vanilla.
- Spread the dough into baking pan. Refrigerate for a few hours.
- Melt the chocolate and spread over the almond base.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- Simple and easy!
Visual Instructions are below
Your final product:
Gluten Free Love from your favorite blog
5 star cookies and your Cookie
Some famous gluten – free celebrities
Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Keith Olbermann, Drew Brees, Miley Cyrus, Novak Djokovic