Dyeing and decorating eggs is an Easter tradition. The fun part is, there are so many ways to do it.
For this post I will select easy and natural way – ONION SKINS.
Yes, we are dyeing Easter eggs naturally with onion skins.My grandmother and my mother made the most beautiful Easter eggs using this method.
Now you can do it too. Just follow instructions below and you will hear comments like: ” Beautiful! Those are the prettiest Easter eggs I’ve ever seen!”
And smile. (because our life is the biggest joke …just watch TV).
Now, let’s do it!
To make this process success we will need the following:
-skin of organic yellow onions
-pantyhose (buy in $ Store)
-pot of boiling water
The eggs will come dark reddish-brown and you will impress your friends, family and your kids.
It is simple, easy and NATURAL!
- Skin of Organic Onions (between 6 to 10 lbs)
- Pantyhose (Dollar Store)
- Pot of Boiling Water
- 1 TBSP Vinegar
- 20 Eggs
- Cut about 5 inch sections of the pantyhose (enough to wrap around an egg and make a knot)
- Gently wrap the pantyhose over the egg and pull tight to keep it in place and allow dye to soak through. Tie a secure knot in the back.
- Fill the pot with water (it must cover the eggs, and place the burner on medium.) and 1 Tbsp vinegar.
- Add eggs and when water starts to boil,boil for about 25-30 minutes.
- Take eggs out of the pot.
- Turn cool water on over them and gently remove the pantyhose.
- Rub them with the bacon or with olive oil.
- YOU ARE DONE! ENJOY!
If you want to see what you did to poor skin onions…
Or if you want to see dark life of onion skins….look below
I know the picture above is not pretty…but see your final product below. I love my eggs…specially with the glossy finish
I did say, you will hear: “Beautiful! Those are the prettiest Easter eggs I’ve ever seen!”
Love and hugs
from your favorite blog
5 star cookies