Happy St Patrick’s Day – March 17!
St Patrick’s Day is an annual event that celebrates the heritage and culture of the Irish.
If you’re planning to celebrate St Patrick’s Day you might wish to wear one or more of the following:
– Green clothing
– A green top hat
– Green accessories (think hair bows, hair dye, nail varnish)
– Basically, anything green
– A shamrock (or a horde of them… to get fully into the spirit of the Irish)
If you are planning to drink ( and please don’t pretend…) my blog 5 star cookies is making for you “Irish Green Hot Chocolate” (wink, wink…)
It is very simple and easy to make. (15 min. max). If you like to make this drink very Irish and very special (think Hoda and Kathie Lee)
add some Irish Whiskey. After all it is the St Patrick’s Day.
Before we start let’s see our final destination.
Now, we can start our drinking trip in my kitchen.
We need the following ingredients:
and Irish Whiskey (if you want to add alcohol).
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup milk (2%)
- ¼ cup green chocolate
- ⅛ cup Irish Whiskey (optional)
- Heat cream and milk until just below simmering point.
- Remove from heat and pour over ¼ cup of chocolate.
- Let stand for about 5 min.
- Whisk everything together.
- Reheat until all chocolate is melted. Add whiskey if you are using it.
- Pour into the prettiest glass you can find.
- If you wanted garnish with whipped cream.
Now, let’s celebrate St Patrick’s Day.
Love and hugs….
from your favorite blog
5 Star Cookies